Version 5.0 of the plugin ‘Quick Featured Images Pro’ for WordPress contains many changes and new features. So much to let the version number jump from 4.0 to 5.0.
Quicker: Featured image management at single posts
You can edit featured images per post much more faster. Open a posts list and look out for the revised column ‘Featured Image’. You can add, change and delete featured images at each post without leaving the posts list page.
More exciting: Random featured images at each page load
In ‘Presets’ a rule can contain several images. They are assigned to every new post randomly. But only once. If you want random thumbnails for the posts at each page load you can activate the random function in the rule.
Safer: Manage access per user role
You can set the minimum role a user has to have to see the plugin in the backend. The options are ‘Editor’ and ‘Administrator’. The control is placed on the ‘Settings’ page.
Explore more improvements and changes of ‘Quick Featured Images Pro’:
- Changed menu item name ‘Image Columns’ to ‘Settings’
- Improved in Presets: Random image selection
- Revised uninstall function for WordPress 4.6 due to the introduction of WP_Site_Query class
- Revised style of thumbnails in image column, Presets and bulk edit pages
- Updated *.pot file and german translation
- Tested successfully with WordPress 4.6
- Fixed fatal error at plugin activation
- Fixed missing default settings