Set rules easily
You can set rules for default featured images of posts easily. Every time you insert a new post or save an existing post Quick Featured Images Pro will look for a rule to add and to change the default featured image to the saved post.
You can use both images from the media library and images from external servers, e.g. from a CDN, as defaults.
You can define the rules based on
- first content image if available in the media library or on an external server
- search string in post title
- custom taxonomy supporting featured images
- post tag (including tags of custom post types)
- post category (including categories of custom post types)
- post author
- post format
- post types: ‘Post’, ‘Page’ and custom post types supporting featured images
- for Woocommerce products: the product type, category, tag, shipping class, delivery time, unit, price label and your custom product attributes
The rules are easy to set: choose an image, a taxonomy, a value and save the settings. That’s it. You do not need to code.
You can add, change and delete every rule whenever you want. So you get an unlimited and precise set of rules for automatic default featured images in your website.
You can define in which order the types of rules should be applied. Look for the matching tag, then for the search term? Other the other way around? You have the ability to set the order.
You can set multiple images per rule. The plugin picks up an image randomly to set that as featured image for the new post.
Every time you remove an image from the media library all rules assigned with the removed image are removed automatically. So you get no “forgotten rules”.
You can switch between
- overwriting existing featured images or
- keeping them unchanged
- using the first attached image as featured image automatically.
The latter setting is the default. The option is used every time a post is saved.
Export & Import Rules
Last but not least: you can export and import all the rules to migrate them easily from site to site.
How it looks
Take a look at the rules setting page: