Bulk Edit Actions: Set, replace and remove
With Quick Featured Images Pro you can apply time-saving tasks with many featured images: add, exchange and delete them in bulk.
- Adding featured images: You can
- select an image from the media library,
- or scan for the first post image if it is available in the media library,
- or look for the first image of a WordPress standard gallery
- or look for the first external image
- or for the first image of a NextGEN gallery*,
- or look for the first attached image of a post
- or refer to images on external servers**, e.g. from a CDN
- or multiple images in random order
to set them as new featured images to hundreds of posts in one go.
- Exchanging featured images: You can replace or update several existing featured images with a selected image in one go.
- Deleting featured images: You can remove a selected featured image or all existing featured images in one go.
- Removing database entries of featured images without existing image files: You can remove them and clean your database with a simple single click.
About *: UTo use images from a NextGEN gallery, you need the free plugin NextGEN Gallery (at wordpress.org).
“Quick Featured Images Pro” in action
Bulk Edit Options
Based on your selected action you can toggle on and off some options:
- overwrite existing featured images with new ones or keep them unchanged. The latter setting is the default.
- ignore posts with existing featured images
- remove the first embedded image from the post content after this image was set as featured image
- force removal of first content image even the featured image was not changed.
- attach image to post after set as featured image
- detach image and post after featured image is removed
Options for the first image as featured image
If you want to take the first post image as featured image you can choose between:
- the first post image if available in the media library
- the first post image from the current site domain, copy and add it to the media library if not available there
- the first external post image; it will be downloaded and added to the media library automatically
- the first attached image of a post
- the first image of a WordPress standard gallery
- the first image of a NextGEN Gallery if the NextGen plugin is activated
Options for multiple images
If you selected multiple images to set them as featured images in random order you can add these options:
- Use each selected only once. If there are more posts than selected images the remaining posts will not be changed.
- Remove excess featured images after all selected images are used.
Bulk Edit Filters
If there would be no filters Quick Featured Images Pro would affect all posts and pages without exception! In most cases this is not desired.
The implemented filters allow you to narrow down the action to only the posts and pages you want to modify. The built-in filters are:
- Filter by post type: Search by post types. By default all posts, pages and custom post types will be affected
- Filter by post format: Search by post formats. By default the standard post format will be affected
- Filter by multimedia type: Search for audio and video files
- Filter by status: Search by several statuses (published, draft, private etc.). By default all statuses will be affected
- Filter by search: Search by search term, with option to search in post titles only
- Filter by time: Search by time specifications
- Filter by author: Search by author
- Filter by custom taxonomy: Search by terms of registered taxonomies of a plugin or a theme
- Filter by featured image size: Search for small featured images below a given size
- Filter by category: Search posts by category, including categories of custom post types
- Filter by tag: Search posts by tag, including tags of custom post types
- Filter by parent page: Search child pages by parent page, , including pages of any hierarchical custom post type
Bulk Edit Presets
If you have to manage featured images recurrently presets are the time-saver for you. You can store all settings of many processes to recall them easily the next time.