Change 1000+ of WordPress Featured Images in 5 Minutes! › Forums › Questions and Answers › Remove first image in post › Reply To: Remove first image in post
August 12, 2015 at 11:53 am #1557
- Backup your WordPress database! If something will have gone wrong you could reset to the state before using the plugin.
- Go to “Featured Images” > “Set, replace, delete”
- Select ” Set the first image as featured image” and click on “Next”.
- On the next page select one of the first three options in the section “What sort of first image?”.
- In the following section select “Remove first embedded image”.
- Changing thousands of posts would raise a memory error and a blank, white screen in the browser. To avoid that select at least one of the filters to narrow down the number of affected posts to a smaller amount.
- Click on “Next”.
- On the next page finetune the filter or filters and click on “Next”.
- The next page shows you a preview of found posts, their current featured images and their future featured images. If you would not be satisfied with the result click on “Modify selection” at the bottom of the page, alter the filter settings and click on “Next” again. If the preview result is ok for you click on the blue button “Apply”.
- The plugin is processing the changes and yields a result page.
- If the removal of the images does not fit your expectations use the database backup to reset your WP installation back to the state before using the plugin.
I hope that is helpful. If any questions remains don’t hesitate to ask.