Change 1000+ of WordPress Featured Images in 5 Minutes! › Forums › Questions and Answers › How to remove the image in the text and keep the featured image › Reply To: How to remove the image in the text and keep the featured image
Hello Vitali, I understand your issue completely. You can apply that with the plugin “Quick Featured Images Pro” (QFIP).
First make a backup of the database to restore the site if an unwanted result would occur. Better: create a copy of the site on a development server to find out the best way how to use QFIP before you apply the approaches on the live website.
Here are the settings in QFIP to get the desired result:
- Choose the action ‘Set the first image as featured image’ and click on ‘Next’
- On the next page choose ‘Take the first post image if available in the media library’
- Activate ‘Overwrite featured images’ to let the next option work
- Activate ‘Remove first embedded image’
- Run the further steps and apply them.
To avoid a server timeout error which can occur for such alarge number of posts I highly recommend to use a filter to decrease the number of posts per run and repeat the process until all posts are affected.
- This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by Martin Stehle. Reason: added a missing step