Reply To: Remove first image in post

Martin Stehle

Hello Christen, thank you for the detailed question. The answer is simple: the first image is removed only if

1. the post has no featured image or the ‘overwrite’ option was checked
  2. then the image to set as featured could be determined successfully
  3. and the ‘remove’ option was checked
  4. and the assignment of the image as featured was successful or the option ‘forced’ was checked.

I assume in your case that the *overwrite* option was not checked. So no change was made at posts having a featured image already.

You can set the ‘overwrite’ option to get the first image removed. But changes at the assigned featured images can appear, too.

The background of that logic is an approach of high security: the plugin should remove the first content image only if the featured image was set successfully. The primary function of the plugin is managing featured images and not changing contents. The concept of removing first images without changing featured images was not considered (and is not till now).

I am thinking about a new feature to implement your request for removing first content images at posts which still have featured images without changing them. That is possible, of course. I am unsure about how to avoid the case of removing images while setting the image as featured failed (a very rare case) or did not happen due to other undesired reasons.

What do you think?

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)