Reply To: Search on Value of Post Meta Value

Marlan Winter
Participant

I think if you just called it “Advanced Metadata Search” and gave two blanks, one for the key name and the second for the key value that would do it. You could have a pulldown inbetween for ( =, like, >, < ) to get the search.

Here is my use case, which others may find helpful. I made a custom post type. In my case I called it “rv_park” (in Germany I think you call them caravans). In each park I provide a location/address. I did that in the post-meta-data because it seemed like the right place.

My typical meta-data would be key=State and the value=”TX” or some other 2 letter USA/Canada state designation. I also have the zip/postal code, the city name, and other key value pairs.

The reason your program attracted me is that because I might have 1000-2000 RV Parks in Texas (there are about 20K in my database). I notice that when I’m auto-posting to twitter or facebook, I’m getting my default picture from my site. It would be better and I’d get more traffic AND my site’s theme which shows thumbnails nicely would look better if for a Texas RV park it would show a Texas oriented graphic. It would look really sharp. Eventually, I might even do this for some cities, but right now going back and assigning 50 states is a big enough job.

So for me a custom meta data search to get the preview values where my key=”_rv_park_state” and the value=”TX” would be a really, really big help. In fact, I wouldn’t even need to filter by post-type with this search.

I’d even be glad to send you a little money to do it. Otherwise I need to write the code to do it and that will take me some time. If you do it to your program, maybe it will help all of us!

Hope this helps. Thx for asking.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)