Addition Of A Search Function/Use Of Media Library For Selecting Replaced Image

The #1 Professional, Time-Tested and Approved WordPress Plugin for Featured Images Forums Request a Feature Addition Of A Search Function/Use Of Media Library For Selecting Replaced Image

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Brian Cameron
    Participant

This is a great plugin and very very powerful, but I have encountered one personal undesirable element that if tweaked could excel the usability of the plugin:

When I have a very full and developed media library the selection of images to be replaced can be cumbersome.

When I am in “Set, Replace, Remove” and using the feature of “Replace featured images by the selected image.” At the first step, (selecting the new image,) I get to pick it from the media library thus giving me the power of the media library search facilities to assist me in picking my new preferred image. This is great, and allows me to search via titles, and captions.

However when I proceed to “Select the featured images you want to replace by the selected image.” – I have to select from a gallery of images. Whilst I can understand that visual system this would be desirable for some, when I have a database of 30,000 articles with many many unique feature images it can be very cumbersome. It involves a lot of scrolling, and looking through all the images. It would be preferential if I had the additional/alterative option to select via the media library where I could search for and find the image I want to replace, rather than scrolling through the gallery which can be extensive, exhaustive and time consuming.

I hope this is a feature you will consider adding in a future update. If you require any further explanation of what I am seeking, please get in touch.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)