automatic pull from VIMEO thumbnails

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Johnny Nguyen
    Participant

Hi,

I see your pro version now offers the feature to pull the thumbnail from Vimeo. My questions are below:

1. Can we set it to do this automatically? As in pulling the thumbnail and setting it as the featured image for all new posts? Or do we have to manually do this for each embedded video post? (FYI: I currently have this feature enabled on my site using “Automatic Featured Images from YouTube/Vimeo” but would be great if your plugin could do it as well.)

2. Can it still pull the thumbnail if the embedded video has a privacy setting on? The plugin I’m using is annoying in that it can’t pull if my video has the custom domain embed privacy setting on. I have to log into Vimeo to make the video public to all, then set publish post in WP, then back to Vimeo and put it on private again.

Martin Stehle

To your first question: yes, both existing posts and future posts with Vimeo videos will get the video thumbnails as featured images automatically.

To your second question: The plugin can not pull thumbnails from private Vimeo videos.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)