Delete first Image permanent

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Thomas
    Participant

Hi,

it seems to me that removing the 1st image will remove it from post and then i can set the featured image of my choice. That works fine.

But the 1st image is still in the media library of wordpress.

Is it possible to delete the 1st image permanent? So that it is also deleted in the media library ?

Thanks for reply

Martin Stehle

Hello Thomas, if the 1st was set as featured image it is not a good idea to delete it in the media library. If you would delete it, you would also delete it as featured image.

Thomas
    Participant

Hi Martin,

maybe i don’t understand…

My Scenario: There is a post wich i imported to wordpress with a featured image “X” .
    I give the post a new featured image “Y” with your plugin. Y should be the only image according to that post. But X is still in the media library. But i really want to delete X , image X should not be in my database etc i dont want to use X in the future… ๐Ÿ™‚

Martin Stehle

Ah, I am understanding your issue. That is possible to implement. Do you wish that in “Set, replace, remove” or in “Presets”?

Thomas
    Participant

Hm…

my worflow is like that:

1. bulk import posts
    2. bulk edit tag (identifying the post by tag is with your plugin better, taxonomies gives not so good)
    3. And now the rule in your plugin does the rest: should delete the imported image and give the post the new one i assigned in the preset to that post tag.

So i think in presets should be fine, but maybe there are other users wanting that in “Set, replace, remove “….

Anyway, thanks for your great support!!!

Martin Stehle

Thomas, I thought your posts are imported without any editing after that like bulk tag editing. In your workflow does the plugin set the featured image by tag via a Preset rule?

Thomas
    Participant

Hi Martin,

yes, i think so. Just to be sure we are talking about the same thing (to prevent my errors in technical understanding) i will explain again what i’m doing ๐Ÿ™‚

The posts are imported from facebook by an importer of “Modern Tribe (the events calendar)”
    After the import of the events of an organizer i set to all imported events the same tag using quick edit (bulk).

After that is done your plugin should delete the imported images of these events (also from the database/server) and set a new featured image defined by myself to all these events with that defined tag via a preset rule i defined before in your plugin.

Actually i only can assign in the prreset editor:

Overwrite an existing post image automatically when saving a document

Do not use First Photo

Remove the first image in post content after the post image was successfully set .
    (At this position, the image should not only removed, it should be deleted from my database/server)

In the rule preset i set taxononmie: tag
    And in the value: the tagname i gave to the imported events before

I hope that is all information you need.

By the way i suggested in the support forum of modern tribe, that you and them should maybe contact each other for talking about possibilities of implementing your thing … it’s only a suggestion… but you have what they don’t ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks for help

Martin Stehle

Unfortunately the plugin does not work when tags are changed. It is applied only when the post is saved (by the editor or by import apps). So the step “After [retagging] is done your plugin should delete the imported images” is not triggered.

Thomas
    Participant

Means… ?

Thomas
    Participant

The importer plugin can’t delete the imported images… i only can set it to not save the images globally when importing the events, but i want some events with images imported and some not….

Martin Stehle

That means that up till now it is not possible what you want to achieve. Or does the plugin changes the image after retagging the posts (that would be surprising for me)?

Thomas
    Participant

In normal mode the plugin imports the facebook image and set it as featured image. If i use your plugin the featured image imported will be removed and set new defined by the preset rule of QFI . But the old image remains in my media library. And that is what i don’t want.

Thomas
    Participant

If it helps, i can send you the importer.php via email ?

Martin Stehle

Ok, no need to send me the importer script. It is all about deleting the image in the library after adding a new image. And that is possible. Maybe you will not need to re-tag the posts for image changes. Please be patient. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thomas
    Participant

Martin, i will be patient ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m really thankful for the patience YOU have with me !

Thanks a lot

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)