featured image is not working for many posts

Change 1000+ of WordPress Featured Images in 5 Minutes! Forums Questions and Answers featured image is not working for many posts

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ladyjey
    Participant

I used to use Featured Image from URL for each posts. but i had to do this after the post gets inserted using the frontend publishing again from the admin. Quick Featured Images Pro, i thought i can preset it so that the when the post is posted, it can automatically set the featured image using the first image/video that is linked. However, it is not setting it. Also, not working for most of the previous posts withtout featured image set ( i have about 5000 and it found only 24). Can you help me please… also, can we get featured image from the thumbnails of tweets or instagram posts?

Martin Stehle

Hello Ladyjey, images of tweets and instagram posts are not considered. May I take a look at your website? Please name the web address or send me an email with the login credentials to info@quickfeaturedimages.com.

Martin Stehle

Thank you very much for the login credentials. There are some issues in your posts why QFIP could not work properly:

1. Some images are not embedded in posts via the IMG element but another elements like the VIDEO element for Instagram images. The plugin only considers images which are referrenced via the IMG element.
    2. There are too many posts to use in one single run. Bear in mind that extermal images need to download, to be scaled and to be insterted into the media library which needs some time. Processing thousands of posts needing some time leads to the timeout error.

For the not-IMG element it needs manual editing – sorry to say that.

For the huge number of posts there is a way by using filters and helpful options. So I recommend before you choose to take the first external image in the post as featured image:

1. browse through the Posts overview list, filtered by month, and note how many posts per day are there. Write down time periods with no more than 100 posts.
    2. add the option “Consider only posts without any featured image”
    3. add the Time Filter. On the next page choose a time period as short as written at the first step.
    4. Repeat setting featured images until all 5000+ posts are done.

That seems to be time-consumpting. But compare that with the efforts you would have without QFIP, setting each post featured image manually: QFIP makes that work way faster for you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)