Hide 'featured image' on post

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rogier Chardet
    Participant

I have a function that allows me to hide the featured image on the single page. Is here a way that I can get your Pro plugin to honor this? Currently it does not seem to be an option…

Martin Stehle

I am currently working on an option to remove the first embedded image if it was set as featured. Would that match your idea?

Rogier Chardet
    Participant

I think so… I’ve been running the plugin on posts (custom post types) that contain no images in the post body, and aren’t supposed to. Ideally they can just have a featured image that acts as eye candy on blog index pages, but isn’t present in the post itself. So now, after running the plugin, the featured image is also present in the post and I am looking for a way to remove these while keeping the images as featured images.

Martin Stehle

Were the image really embedded in the posts? The plugin has not such a function.

I think it is the theme displaying the image in a post. Just look in your single.php for the line the_post_thumbnail() and comment it out. This might help.

Rogier Chardet
    Participant

Yes, you are right. The theme rendered the image on the page. Thanks, Martin.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)