Image not removed from post

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    bigbearlio
    Participant

Hi there 🙂

I’m working in localhost rebuilding my website and I’m now in the phase of importing xml.
    I’m speaking on about twenty thousand CPT.
    I bought your Pro version and I tried to work on about 500 post.
    I need to setup as featured image all the added image that in the years I had inserted in the posts.
    And obviously, after the first image has been inserted as featured, remove from the post leaving only the featured.
    I did it, but only a part of the work went well 🙁
    I have the first image as featured and that’s perfect, but no way to delete that image from post (so now I’ve double image).
    I tried more and more using:
    1 – Set the first image as featured image.
    2 – Remove first embedded image:
    3 – Forced removal

No way I only get:
    Unchanged
    Image not removed from post

Since I work on a test site and start from scratch every time, it’s just a question of how to solve the problem.
    I’m using the XML export – import by WP all import export pro with split file of about 500 post so no problem.
    But I already have a big problem to solve with this migration (with all the taxonomy wrong) but the idea to have to manually upgrade twenty thousand CPT on quotes and thirty
    thousand on poems it’s really chilling.
    So please, helps an old grandma finish her last job.
    Thanks so much
    Lio

http://www.liosite.com (is the online website)

Martin Stehle

Dear old grandma, the plugin is able to recognize the first image in the post content and to remove it. I tested that with a copy of one post of your site. Please point me to some posts where the removal did not work.

bigbearlio
    Participant

Thanks Martin for your quick reply.
    I took a day to try solutions and this are with my conclusions.
    At the first passage the program set as featured and delete the embedded image for the most part of the post. (It’s only a set of 250 poems where I’m trying to solve all the problems connected with the migration).
    The posts where the image has not been downloaded, but is inserted with the link to the online server of my site, are not considered even changing each type of option for replacement.
    For example:
    Cesare Pavese – Notturno I have here in LOCALHOST (I’m working here non online on my website) the embedded image from my website as custom URL (h**p://www.liosite.com/system/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Cesare-Pavese-Notturno.jpg)
    I can see in local the image as embedded and if I click on it, the image opens from the online link But your program seems unable to download it from the link and insert it as featured by deleting the embedded thumbnail.
    I tried with all the combination you offer.
    Where instead the program worked perfectly we have this situation
    For example:
    Cesare Pavese – Verrà la morte e avrà i tuoi occhi
    h**p://localhost/B-LioSite-GP/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Death-will-come-and-will-have-Your-Eyes.jpg
    Now I have only the featured image and not the embedded image.
    So it seems the problem is based on on the same inability to download and import the image from the online server (my server) since the same order to download the images the same order to download the images was given to both WP All Import-Export and your program.
    Only I don’t see any difference between these images (I’ve traced a dozen similar situations for now) and all the others in which both programs have done their job perfectly.
    Do you happen to have a brilliant idea to suggest?
    Thank in advance
    lio

Martin Stehle

Hello Lio, did you even activate the option to take the image from an EXTERNAL server?

bigbearlio
    Participant

Yes I did: I tried all the different option possible 🙁

Martin Stehle

Since the image h**p://www.liosite.com/system/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Cesare-Pavese-Notturno.jpg has a file size of 2.1 MB I assume the download failed because of a size being too large.

To download large files from a server try to change the settings in the php.ini file:
    upload_max_filesize=8M
    max_input_time=300
    memory_limit=640M
    max_execution_time=3800
    post_max_size=8M

bigbearlio
    Participant

Hi Martin 🙂
    Thanks to be so patient with me ….

I’m really surprised at what you say because I’m very careful to the size or better to the “weight” of the images of the site and I prepare them all with Photoshop.
    So I went online both in the back-end of WP and via FTP but the image is weighing only 105 kb even if it is actually larger than usual (usually I reduce it to 1280 * 850)
    You can see here:

and for the “damn” php.ini file is one of the first things that I change every time I install WP (Experientia docet).

I’m now importing new XML split file from my website and I’ll check newly.
    Thanks again
    Lio

Martin Stehle

For an “old grandma” you are very fit. You are right. I misread the value for the file size. Please tell the URL of the page where the image we mentioned is embedded. I want to take a closer look there.

bigbearlio
    Participant

The old grandma is fuming …. I solve a problem and ten more come.
    For the URL as I mentioned, I’m working in local for the moment.
    The original online page is
    http://www.liosite.com/poesia/cesare-pavese-anche-tu-sei-collina/ but the problem is not only for that page but for many others.

But I have a couple of new question for you.
    – Do you know if – for some unknown reason – your plugin can interfere with the opening with LightBox for all the images in the website?

– I don’t understand if is it possible using QFIP to fix a featured image chosen at random from a selection (to be able to have a generic image as featured but not always the same).
    I want to solve this problem too but I don’t want to combine a mess 😉

Thanks so much
    Lio

Martin Stehle

I am not informed about any mess with LightBox. I highly recommend to make a backup at least of the database before applying QFIP. Then try with the help of the filters a change at one or two posts and see the result. If the result should not be ok you can make a rollback with the backup.

To #2: You can overwrite existing featured images to fix them. Does this answer help you?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)