Image urls are wrong!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Federico Fallico
    Participant

I bought this plugin yesterday, did tons of tries, but when I preview the changes, the “Future featured image” have an invalid url. I checked some articles to be sure, and images are showing, but the plugin picks the wrong url.
    For example, this image (correct):
    http://supereroi.blogdns.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/suicide-squad-arrow-31.jpg

is recognized from your plugin like this (404):
    http://supereroi.blogdns.net/wp-content/uploads/suicide-squad-arrow-3.jpg

Please note that the images are on the same server, but not in the media library, because I uploaded them through FTP. In the process, I choose “get first image from external server for each post” since images are not in the media library.
    If you are pondering from where the “suicide-squad-arrow-3” comes out, it’s the alternative text in the image properties. With these wrong urls, featured images are invalid and I still need to correct them manually.
    Since I have 8000+ posts, this is impossible for me. Please help, I bought this plugin to do a fast wordpress transition and now I’m stuck and the customer is waiting.

Martin Stehle

Hello Federico, thank you for reporting your case. It is challeging. The images are not in the media library but uploaded on the same server in the uploads folder and duplicated in different dimensions.

So the plugin does not recognize them because your selected option ignores images from the same server (read: same domain), only recognize them from other servers.

And if the plugin would recognize them it would overwrite the images in the upload folder because it tries to download them from the “other” server, upload them to your server and write some entries in the database to extend the media library with them.

In your case the current server and the external server are the same. Hum….

So I give it a try. I will send you an email.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Martin Stehle.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)