Keep featured image unless there is no image

Change 1000+ of WordPress Featured Images in 5 Minutes! Forums Questions and Answers Keep featured image unless there is no image

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Van Bruce Arrant
    Participant

Thanks for the great plugin! I’ve used it in manual mode and it’s saved so much time. But now I nee this setup automatically to add a specific image when there isn’t any image associate with the post.

I can’t seem to figure out how to keep the featured image unless there is no image, and if there is no image use an image that I specify.

I’ve tried playing around with the settings on “Default Images”

I have # 1 checked
    #2 I have “Use first content image”
    #3 both unchecked
    #4 I have choosen the image that I want to use only if there is no featured image selected and have choosen the proper taxonomy for my posts type

That’s all the rules I have

Then below that on the order of rules, this party really confuses me. I want to use #9 which is “no feature image” why can’t I set this to #5?

When I import the posts, it replaces all images with the image that I’ve specified. I want to keep those existing images and only add when no image is available. Does that make sense?
    Can you please help, I’ve spent hours and still can’t get the pro version to work.

Martin Stehle

Please uncheck #1 to switch off overwriting existing featured images.

Martin Stehle

#9 “no featured image” means “do nothing” and comes in effect after all rules are passed.

You do not need to consider it. If there is no matching rule #9 takes effect.

Van Bruce Arrant
    Participant

Thanks for the reply!
    I tried that previously and it didn’t work. I tried again and am still not getting it to work as I need. It’s replacing all images with the image selected in #4.

In this import I have three posts that do not have images, all the others do. I want to keep the existing images associated with the posts, but it’s removing those and adding the image that I have selected in #4 to all the posts. How do I only use the image in #4 to use for posts that do not have images?

What am I doing wrong?

See screenshot for my settings

Van Bruce Arrant
    Participant

Can you please help? I cannot seem to get the automated setup working as I need.
    Thank you

Martin Stehle

I am really trying to find a solution for you. But I got no luck. Which importer are you using?

Van Bruce Arrant
    Participant

I’m using WP All Import.

Maybe I misunderstand what the plugin can do.

Can it automatically choose a specific image if there isn’t a featured image? And at the same time if there is a featured image to keep that without replacing it?

Does it look like I have it setup correctly?

Thank you!

Martin Stehle

To set a featured image automatically is the purpose of the plugin. Based on the setting of the “Overwrite” checokbox it overwrites existing images or leaves them untouched.

But it is build for posts you write manually. Imports are a wide field because every import plugin executes the import process in a different way.

I will take a look at your importer and will reply.

Martin Stehle

Unfortunately there is no free version of WP All Import. So at the moment I can not help you, sorry.

Van Bruce Arrant
    Participant

Martin,
    Can I private message you and provide access to our site so that you could take a look?
    I can also send you a copy of wpallimport, only one license is needed for multiple sites. You can set it up on your own server and test it that way if you prefer.

Thanks.

Martin Stehle

You can mail me to info@quickfeaturedimages.com.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)