Leave a request

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nostra 2 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Martin Stehle

Do you miss any function, option, filter or help in the plugin Quick Featured Images Pro? Write down you wish in this forum and I will look for a solution soon.

Brian Cameron
    Participant

This is a great plugin and very very powerful, but I have encountered one personal undesirable element that if tweaked could excel the usability of the plugin:

When I have a very full and developed media library the selection of images to be replaced can be cumbersome.

When I am in “Set, Replace, Remove” and using the feature of “Replace featured images by the selected image.” At the first step, (selecting the new image,) I get to pick it from the media library thus giving me the power of the media library search facilities to assist me in picking my new preferred image. This is great, and allows me to search via titles, and captions.

However when I proceed to “Select the featured images you want to replace by the selected image.” – I have to select from a gallery of images. Whilst I can understand that visual system this would be desirable for some, when I have a database of 30,000 articles with many many unique feature images it can be very cumbersome. It involves a lot of scrolling, and looking through all the images. It would be preferential if I had the additional/alterative option to select via the media library where I could search for and find the image I want to replace, rather than scrolling through the gallery which can be extensive, exhaustive and time consuming.

I hope this is a feature you will consider adding in a future update. If you require any further explanation of what I am seeking, please get in touch.

nostra
    Participant

I would love if there was a way to create presets for the Set, Replace, Remove section. I have to run the same selection regularly, but have to go through all the steps every time. Would be nice to create a preset and just having to select that to see the preview before doing the replacement.

Martin Stehle

That is an interesting point. Under which circumstances do you have the recurring usage of the plugin?

nostra
    Participant

Well, I make the posts automatically based on several rss feeds using another plugin. There some images are set (based on external links of course), but some don’t work. I use this plugin and the set, replace functionality to do the rest automatically where possible.

Martin Stehle

Thank you for your description. I will work on implementing preset features.

Martin Stehle

Hi nostra, with the new version 8.0 of QFIP you can add and delete presets for your recurring tasks in “Set, replace, remove”. If you have any ideas, thoughts and questions about it feel free to write them in a new topic.
    If you would like the new feature I would be glad about your review.

nostra
    Participant

You are awesome. Thank you so much!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)