License deactivation when site has been deleted

Change 1000+ of WordPress Featured Images in 5 Minutes! Forums Questions and Answers License deactivation when site has been deleted

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mary Hunt
    Participant

I activated my license against gisc.mhuntwd.com – a dev version of the site. I then moved the site to https://gisc.rwd-advisors.org (a new place for the dev site for now) and deleted the gisc.mhuntwd.com without deactivating my license. Now the old site is gone and I have no way of deactivating the license. Note that I do not want to publish my license on this ticket, but will provide that information in a separate private communication.

Martin Stehle

Hello Mary, no worry. I will change the site address of your license manually.

But the address you provided (https://gisc.rwd-advisors.org/) is not available. If you would tell the correct address I would take it as new address.

Mary Hunt
    Participant

the correct url is https://gisc.rws-advisors.org/.

Also I have a question. When this site is finally deployed to giscorps.org (at some time in the future) I will make sure to deactivate the license before moving the site. However, at that time, I also plan to create dev.giscorps.org for development and testing purposes, and wonder if a single site license will also work on a development site that is created as a subdomain. Or will I need to upgrade the license to a multi-site license for the plugin to be available on both the production and the development site?

Martin Stehle

Thank you for your fast response. I changed the URL. Now the license is active again in your site.

To your question: The plugin works without activation, too. The license is for getting upgrades for 1 year since purchase. After the license expired the upgrades are no more available, but except that the plugin will continue working without technical limitations. That is the case for a plugin without activated license, too: it works without the upgrade feature.

So you can develop on many further servers with the purchased plugin file. You would get upgrades only on one single server. If you want to get automated upgrades of the plugin on more than one server you need the “Unlimited Sites” license.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Martin Stehle.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)