List view instead of grid view for Media?

Start Forums Request a Feature List view instead of grid view for Media?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sally Richardson 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Sally Richardson
    Participant

Hi. Superb plugin! We use the pro version and also use another plugin – Admin Columns Pro.
    Using the latter we have a nice list view of media with columns to include widths and heights of images.
    I had hoped that, when setting up multiple images for random default featured images, there was a way to easily see the sizes of the images before selecting them – so that we can select the appropriate ones. It seems that QFI only uses grid view for the media library and does not have an option to use list view when selecting images? Am I missing something or does this need to be a feature request? At the moment we have to click on each image (in grid view) to reveal the sizes of the images before deciding whether to select it or not…. list view would, of course, be a huge amount easier.
    Your thoughts? Many thanks!

Martin Stehle

QFI and QFIP never use or alter the media library. Did you mean Admin Column Pro?

Sally Richardson
    Participant

Thank you so much for your fast response. I am sorry I wasn’t clear enough:
    Yes, I use Admin Columns Pro. I mentioned that plugin only to explain how I am able to see columns for widths and heights in the media library list view.
    The main point of my question is this: when using QFIP, and selecting images from the media library, is it possible to be given the list view instead of the grid view in Media Library, from which to then select the images?
    Many thanks!

Martin Stehle

Do you mean the area which pops up to select the pictures? Maybe there is a solution for that but after deep researches I did not find any hint how to enable the mode switch in that popup area.

Sally Richardson
    Participant

Hello! Thank you!
    Yes, I do mean the area which pops up to select the pictures. I have checked this in more detail and now realise that this is a general wordpress problem: when you add media you can only use the standard pop up which is in grid layout – not the list view which is available when using the library itself. As you say, this cannot be changed across wordpress not just via your plugin.

So – I have added a plugin to organise media files into folders (by size for example) instead. I can now easily locate the right images when selecting random images to use, by looking in the appropriate folder which gets around not being able to use list view!

Thanks for your help and all good!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)