'More' tag removed from content

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    patricke
    Participant

Hi, i’ve been using the QFIP plugin for a couple of days now, and it is very useful! But I have a problem with the fact that I used to embed an image at the top of blog posts (in the content) and then use the <!–more–> tag to create a teaser text. Today I do that differently, but I have about 200 old posts that way. When I replace the first embedded image by a featured one, this more-tag is removed, so I have to edit the post manually to put the more tag back.

Is there a way to handle this with the QFIP plugin? Is it a bug, or a feature? Please enlighten me.

Martin Stehle

Hi Patricke, thank you for pointing to this issue. That is a bug. A fix is currently in work and will be released soon.

patricke
    Participant

Ok, thanks for your reply. I’m looking forward to the new version

Martin Stehle

With the new version 5.1.2 the unwanted removal of more-tags is fixed.

Martin Stehle

I would be glad about your review on Reviews.

Martin Stehle

Unfortunately the plugin can not set back the removed more-tags. But you can reset your WP installation with your database backup you created before running the plugin and run the process again. The more-tags will be kept untouched.

patricke
    Participant

Yes, thank you for your tip. I did the replacement only for a ‘small’ batch of 50 posts, so the damage is not so big. As soon as the plug-in is updated I will continue. Btw: does it update automatically?

Martin Stehle

At least you should see in the WP backend a notification saying there is an update of QFIP. You can find it in the admin bar, labelled by two arrows describing a circle. Please click on it and follow the next instructions.

patricke
    Participant

Do you have an indication of when to expect this update?

Martin Stehle

The update was released the day before yesterday. If you have activated your license you should see an upgrade notice in the backend.

patricke
    Participant

Ah ok, that is what I forgot to do. Tnx!

patricke
    Participant

Ok, I’ve activated and the more-tag is now not removed anymore. But I have another issue I’ll open another ticket for.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)