Not adding featured images when saving a scheduled post

Change 1000+ of WordPress Featured Images in 5 Minutes! Forums Questions and Answers Not adding featured images when saving a scheduled post

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Kermit Woodall
    Participant

I have an embedded Youtube video and when I save the post as scheduled it does not retrieve and assign a featured image.

Martin Stehle

What is the URL of that video?

Kermit Woodall
    Participant

[embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZW0JzQX6Ww[/embed]

Martin Stehle

Please remove the “embed” shortcode and both the embedding and the plugin will work.

Kermit Woodall
    Participant

Thanks. That did the trick. However, I used WordPress’ PRESS THIS feature to add that post and it added the [embed] shortcodes as far as I can tell. I don’t have any video plugins on the site.

Kermit Woodall

Martin Stehle

Ok. I will look for a solution to fetch video URLs with “embed” around it so you do not need to remove it.

Martin Stehle

On my development server I extended the function which looks for embedded content with the capatibility to recognize the “embed” shortcode. I will release the upgrade soon.

Kermit Woodall
    Participant

Great. Hope I was of help.

k

Martin Stehle

Hi, the new version 8.3.1 considers the “embed” shortcode. You do not need to remove it anymore.

If you like the plugin, I would be glad for your testimonial in Reviews.

Kermit Woodall
    Participant

FYI: Found a video that your plugin could not find the video thumbnail for – but an online site could find it. (it was missing several of the resolutions).

Hopefully this can help you fix this.

Kermit Woodall
    Participant

Another bug…I’ve been noticing this for sometime but only recently tested thoroughly enough to isolate to your plugin.

Frequently, even when using images I’ve uploaded directly to media, your plugin is duplicating the image somehow even though there might be no external link.

https://imgur.com/a/llroT

Martin Stehle

According to the missing video thumbnail: YouTube returns this image
    General Youtube Thumbnail

It seems YouTube did not (yet?) generate a thumbnail. You can set a thumbnail by uploading an image in your YouTube account.

Martin Stehle

According to the “doubles” bug: It seems the images in your post contents a referencing to another server, i.e. are get from another domain than your website’s domain. In this case QFIP downloads the image, upload it to the library and set it as featured.

Can you confirm that the URLs of those images point to images on external servers?

Kermit Woodall
    Participant

Youtube just generated some of the thumbnails – but not all. I used this service to check. http://thumbnailsave.com/

As for the doubles bug – it’s happened both ways. It’s doubled an image already on the server that was uploaded by me and added to the story, and it’s doubled an image it had to download and upload to the library but uploaded it twice.

Martin Stehle

That is a strange “double” bug I could not reproduce on my servers. Would you please deactivate all plugins except QFIP and try the process again? Does the bug occur again? If not then a plugin seems to interfere. To find out which one please activate plugin by plugin until the bug occurs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)