Not finding image in post

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Toby
    Participant

Hi,

For some reason, the plugin is not finding the first image in the post. I can hand-select the URL from the post and visit it in the browser, so it is a working link.

All the images have been copied into the uploads folder into a separate subfolder called media (and some others, but importantly they are not in the year/month folder structure).

It has worked for some images, but not for others and I cannot figure out why.

I’m using the ‘Take the first post image from current site domain, copy and add it to the media library if not available there’ so eventually I hope to have all featured images in the media library properly.

Can you help me figure out why this isn’t working?

Thanks!

Martin Stehle

Please tell the web address of the site. In most cases I can find the reason.

fabbio79
    Participant

I have the same problem. 🙁 Plugin doesn’t seem to found the first image of my posts. My website address is: http://ideiaq.com

The first two posts featured images were set manually.

Any clues how to fix that?

Thanks in advance!

rochellegreayer
    Participant

I am having the same problem – It works but not for all posts. Seems to be less effective for the oldest posts (2008 – 2010 especially) and as dates move closer to current it is better though sometimes still not 100%. In 2008 it found no images, in 2009 it found about 8 (out of a couple hundred) and slowly increasing from there.

my site is http://www.pithandvigor.com

Thank for the help!

Best,
    Rochelle

Martin Stehle

Hello Rochelle, I browsed in your site and found two reasons: many of the images come from a server other than your domain. The option ‘Take the first external post image, download it and add it to the media library’ should solve the problem.

Please narrow down the number of posts per process to avoid server execution time errors. The ‘Time Filter’ is very handy: set a time period, e.g. 6 months, and repeat the process until all posts are edited.

2nd reason: Some posts have outdated references to images, i.e. the images do not exist anymore, e.g. in The Homies 2009.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Martin Stehle.
    Martin Stehle

Hello fabbio79, I browsed through your site. Please read my answer to Rochelle (the previous post). That is also applicable to your site.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)