Picking images from thumbnail

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    0xid0
    Participant

Hi,

I want to make this, but i don’t now if its possible with the actual features:

I have a thousands of posts with featured images but without first image (before first paragraph) and another thousands with both.

So, homogenize, i want to find all posts without the first image before the first paragraph and import from the featured image and insert into this (before the first paragraph). With this, finally i don’t need to make some trash scripting in my theme to homogeneize this via code (everyone post will have first image + featured image).

Its possible to do? Thanks

Martin Stehle

No, not that way. The plugin can set the first image as featured but not the featured image as the first one.

0xid0
    Participant

And its possible to request this feature or its very complicated to develop? Thanks

Martin Stehle

It is possible and not easy. How many posts have to be edited?

0xid0
    Participant

I think… around 3000 posts.

Another solution is to remove first image before the first paragraph (i believe i saw this option on Quick Feaured Image), so finally the entire database post are homogeneus with all posts with featured image and not first image, but i don’t know if its a good practise in WP or i will need to have Featured Image + the same first image in post.

Thanks you in advance.

Martin Stehle

Yes, that is an option in QFIP. I think that is a good practise since modern themes use featured images.

0xid0
    Participant

Martin, could you explain me how to do this thing?

I found how to do in new posts with the option:

Remove the first image in the post content after the featured image was set successfully

But i don’t found any option to remove the first image in post content in existing posts. Is any way to do? I am determined to solve my problem like this. Thanks

Martin Stehle

For existing posts use in “Bulk Edit” the option for the first image as featured image. On the next page activate the option “Remove first embedded image”.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)