Preset Featured Images triggered when Draft saved instead of Published?

Change 1000+ of WordPress Featured Images in 5 Minutes! Forums Questions and Answers Preset Featured Images triggered when Draft saved instead of Published?

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    drumnation
    Participant

Hi,

Is there anyway to auto download external images to media library then make featured image option happen when a new article is posted as a draft? It seems as if the automatic process happens when it’s published. I’m using the pro version.

Thanks

-Dave

drumnation
    Participant

I’m using the buffer plugin to generate buffer social media posts when a new article publishes. It seems that the featured image dependent networks like twitter and pinterest don’t get fed an image, yet everything appears to have worked fine on the rest of the website.

My thought is that somehow it generates the social media posts before your plugin has a chance to finish downloading and replacing the featured image. I have my articles imported in draft right now so that I can use the manual features to download and set the featured images and then publish. That seems to work, allowing image posts on twitter/pinterest.

If it could replace and set as soon as the article is imported in draft mode, when it’s published the social post should send correctly.

Martin Stehle

Normally the presets work also with drafts. I could not see a bug in the plugin. Maybe there is something between your WP site and your Buffer account.

drumnation
    Participant

I think it might be the other way.

I have IFTTT adding the posts to my wordpress site as drafts right now. Maybe it’s something about how IFTTT adds posts to the site that isn’t triggering the preset.

Somehow the preset needs to be triggered before the article is published because it seems it buffer grabs the featured image before the preset has had a chance to copy and reset everything. After publishing the images are there, but the images don’t go to twitter/pinterest unless I manually trigger the set/replace while they are still in draft. If the images are there before I click publish then they feed to buffer perfectly.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by drumnation.
    drumnation
    Participant

Is there a diagnostic file that could show whether everything is ok with my installation? I had this working on the test site. I should also note that I didn’t have this issue or the other I posted about with the broken images.

Could reinstalling the plugin potentially help?

I moved the site using the Duplicator plugin and had no errors installing. It’s still on the same server too and should have the same server settings.

Martin Stehle
    Keymaster

Please try it with the new version 3.9. It is out right now. That version makes it possible to set previously defined default featured images with 3rd-party applications. I could not test it with IFTTT (I do not have an IFTTT account) so your report would be appreciated.

Martin Stehle

You wrote that there are no changes after an upgrade to 3.9. Since I do not know IFTTT I assume the reason is in that service, but – sorry – I can not help you right now. I will digg into IFTTT and need some time for it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)