prominent case sensitive words

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Luis Santos
    Participant

Hello,

I bought the plugin recently and after being set up I came across the following situation to which I ask for your help.

When selecting the word prominent option we must obligatorily choose palvra from the field matches- »value, the problem is that all words are in lowercase and from what I can detect for the automatic insertion of image the plugin is case sensitive. Not placing any image.

It happens the same when choosing the option Search string in post title, with the advantage that there we are that we write the word, being able in this case to put the options with capital or small. Still and if you allow me, in my opinion it would be feasible not to be case sensitive.

Martin Stehle

So do you want a case insensitive search? It is already case insensitive. With search terms like “camel”, “Camel”, “CAMEL” and “CaMeL” I get always the same results.

I could not understand your second and confusing paragraph. Please try again to explain your issue.

Luis Santos
    Participant

Hello,

I apologize for the delay in reply.

What I was saying is that, at least with me, it’s not working the way it talks about.

That is, if you choose the Search string in post title option and put “Super Bock Super Rock” in the Search string, the title of the article must be spelled exactly the same as the case. That is if in the title of the article put “super bock super rock” will not be placed any image.

The same happens with the option prominent words, being that in this case it is still more difficult to get around since we have to choose the values of the combo box, which has all the words in lowercase.

I hope I have been clear.

Martin Stehle

First we need some words to clarify:

Where is the option “prominent words”? QFIP does not have such an option.

Is the “combo box” the custom field(s) under the editor on a post edit page? Which box or field do you mean?

Luis Santos
    Participant

In the page where we define the rules, in your plugin, the option of prominent words appears in taxonomy.

2018_02_15_14_16_29_Quick_Featured_Images_Pro_Imagens_por_omiss_o_CA_Not_cias_Word_Press

What about the question of the title of the article?

Martin Stehle

Ok, I got it. You are right: the search in “Default Images” is case sensitive. Do you prefer a case insensitive search match?

All the words in the Taxonomy selection box are not lowercase as your screenshot shows. What is the issue here?

Luis Santos
    Participant

Ok, I got it. You are right: the search in “Default Images” is case sensitive. Do you prefer a case insensitive search match?

Or insentive or the possibility of putting more than one option in the search. ex: Porto, PORTO, porto ….

All the words in the Taxonomy selection box are not lowercase as your screenshot shows. What is the issue here?

In this case, my question does not relate to the checkbox the option, but to the next box. That is:
    We choose Word Prominent and will trigger a new combo box with the words we can choose as prominent. And this is where they all appear in lowercase. Which means that if we want to associate a person’s name with a prominent word it will never work.

For example: An article with mobile phone maker Huawei. For being the name of the manufacturer we write the first capital letter, but when setting the option as prominent word we can only select in lowercase. That is when we put in the article, it will not put image.

follows print:
    2018_02_15_18_00_00_Quick_Featured_Images_Pro_Imagens_por_omiss_o_CA_Not_cias_Word_Press

Thank you in advance for your help.

Martin Stehle

I will look for variants of the search term. If that is possible I will try to implement them.

Maybe you wrote “Huawei” not as “Prominent Word” but elsewhere, and you wrote the word as a “Prominent Word” in lower case. The option names are never changed by QFIP. They are displayed “as is”, i.e. as written on a setting page or elsewhere. And QFIP does not look up for the name but for its ID as stored in the WP database.

If you want I would take a look in your site’s backend. For that please mail me the login credentials to info@quickfeaturedimages.com.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)