QFIPro deletes all after MORE tag in posts

Change 1000+ of WordPress Featured Images in 5 Minutes! Forums Questions and Answers QFIPro deletes all after MORE tag in posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kelly Brady
    Participant

Hello,
    I ran QFIPro against my test site and it removed everything after the MORE tag in posts…it left the more tag in place but removes everything after it.

Settings used were:
    – Set first image as featured
    – Check: consider only posts without featured image
    – Check: remove first image
    – Don’t Check: Overwrite

Is there some way to fix this, or perhaps filter out posts that have a MORE tag in them so it doesn’t damage them?

Running WP 4.2.2 & QFIPRo 3.0.

Martin Stehle

Hello Kelly, I am very sorry you have that experience. Did you make a backup as asked in the plugin?

Normally the remove function only considers one image (the first one). In all my tests only the first image was removed. So I could not reconstruct that the plugin removes every image in a post.

I will look for a solution to consider the more-tag to keep images after that tag.

Kelly Brady
    Participant

Hi Martin – thanks for the response. I ran your plugin on a copy of my site on a separate test account, so no damage was done to my production site.

Let me clarify a few things. The More Tag I am referring to is in posts where the “Read More” was inserted into the post manually by the author. It appears in the post as the literal text: “<!–more–>” (without the quotes).

As I am changing themes (hence the use of your plugin), I no longer need manually inserted “Read More”‘s, so I have developed a workaround. Before running your plugin I will use the plugin “Better Search Replace” to replace the “<!–more–>” with a blank value. I except then your plugin will work for me.

I wanted to let you know as the issue does not seem to relate to images. It seems everything after the “<!–more–>” is lost, even if it is only text and there are no images.

Kelly

Martin Stehle

Thank you for your response, I am very glad about it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)