Remove first content image for Preset Featured Image feature

Change 1000+ of WordPress Featured Images in 5 Minutes! Forums Questions and Answers Remove first content image for Preset Featured Image feature

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    thomo1
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using the ‘Preset Featured Image’ feature to automatically set the first content image in my post to the featured image. This is working perfectly.

However I’m wondering if it’s possible to then ‘remove’ the first content image.

The option is available in the ‘set, replace, remove’ feature – but I’m unable to locate it in the ‘Preset’ feature.

Is this possible?

Martin Stehle

That is possible but what sense does that make?

thomo1
    Participant

We use XMLRPC to publish content to WordPress. Within each content piece is an embedded image, we want this set as the featured image and then that image removed from the content.

Doing this means we have much better consistency with formatting – I can have the featured image displayed at the top of every blog post, styled in the way I want it. Plus all images are also automatically uploaded and hosted within on our own WordPress install.

Right now, the plugin is taking the first content image, uploading the image and setting it as ‘featured’ which is excellent and works very well.

I just need the additional step now of then removing the content image from the post (so I don’t have 2 imaged showing on the blog post (one self-hosted featured, the other external hosted, content embedded).

Hope that makes sense.

Martin Stehle

Ah, ok. I will try to find a way to implement that.

thomo1
    Participant

That would be awesome.

The feature appears under ‘set, replace, remove’ but not under ‘preset’

Thanks

Martin Stehle

Since the new version 4.0 the remove option is implemented permanently.

Shaun Prewitt
    Participant

Hi I am trying to hide or remove the first image from post using the pro plugin. I have the same image showing twice on each post. Please help

Martin Stehle

There could be several reasons. Please tell the address of the website. I would take a closer look.

Shaun Prewitt
    Participant

My website is http://blackthen.com

Martin Stehle

Hi Shaun, thank you for the address. I took a look at your website. Where is a post displaying the image twice? Please show me an example.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)