Remove First Image & Delete from Library

Change 1000+ of WordPress Featured Images in 5 Minutes! Forums Questions and Answers Remove First Image & Delete from Library

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mkinfuse
    Participant

Hello,
    Is it possible with this plugin to 1. delete the first image inserted into the post and also 2. delete that image from the media library?

I have the pro version.

Thank you.

mkinfuse
    Participant

bump

Martin Stehle

#1 is possible. You can activate the deletion of the first image in the post after it is set as featured image.

#2 is not possible. Since an image has to be in the media library to set it as featured the deletion of it would also result to the removal of the featured image.

mkinfuse
    Participant

Thank you for your response. Regarding #1 – This is what I’ve chosen, then filtered by date — I’ve chosen just 1 day as a test. There are approximately 4 posts but I get an error: “Unchanged
    Image not removed from post” What am I doing wrong?

Your selected action
    Set the first image as featured image

Your selected approach
    Take the first post image if available in the media library

Remove first embedded image:

Martin Stehle

Please tell me the address of a page where the removal does not work. I will take a look at that. If you do not want to show an address in public you can mail it to me at info@quickfeaturedimages.com.

Martin Stehle

Thank you for the web address. The HTML code of images in that webpage is sort of unconventional. So the search pattern can not find it.

mkinfuse
    Participant

That’s a shame that your plugin doesn’t recognize the responsive images code WordPress now uses. This is the code when you Edit the post in WP, which is pretty standard.
    [caption id="attachment_29915" align="alignnone" width="600"]Photo: Amy Spangler Photo: Amy Spangler[/caption]

Any ideas for a workaround?

Martin Stehle

QFIP is capable to recognize that code, including the caption and the responsiveness informations. The struggle is not a single HTML line like that but the code in your site which contains hidden IMG elements before the visible first content image. That is unusual. And I do not see any solution for that. What I can do is to offer you the refund of your money.

mkinfuse
    Participant

Hi Martin,
    I believe the problem was the schema snippet box which was appearing in the code before the first post image? I’ve moved that to the end of the code now but am still getting the error message that the image cannot be removed. Is there another line of code or hidden images you’re seeing that is conflicting? If you can post an anonymized version of the code here or email the specific code to me that would be helpful. Thank you.

Martin Stehle

In tests on my local computer the removal of the image works with the code of the page you provided via email. It is difficult to look for an answer without not knowing your WP installation. There could be very simple reasons like you do not have rights to edit that post, or there could be complex reasons because of a special configuration of the site.

May I take a look at the backend of your site? If yes please mail me the login credentials.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)