Remove first image in post

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    clarkvist
    Participant

How do I, step-by-step, remove the first embedded image from the post content after this image was set as featured image?

Martin Stehle
    1. Backup your WordPress database! If something will have gone wrong you could reset to the state before using the plugin.
    2. Go to “Featured Images” > “Set, replace, delete”
    3. Select ” Set the first image as featured image” and click on “Next”.
    4. On the next page select one of the first three options in the section “What sort of first image?”.
    5. In the following section select “Remove first embedded image”.
    6. Changing thousands of posts would raise a memory error and a blank, white screen in the browser. To avoid that select at least one of the filters to narrow down the number of affected posts to a smaller amount.
    7. Click on “Next”.
    8. On the next page finetune the filter or filters and click on “Next”.
    9. The next page shows you a preview of found posts, their current featured images and their future featured images. If you would not be satisfied with the result click on “Modify selection” at the bottom of the page, alter the filter settings and click on “Next” again. If the preview result is ok for you click on the blue button “Apply”.
    10. The plugin is processing the changes and yields a result page.
    11. If the removal of the images does not fit your expectations use the database backup to reset your WP installation back to the state before using the plugin.

I hope that is helpful. If any questions remains don’t hesitate to ask.

longip
    Participant

Hi,

I will ask the question here as it is also related to first image.

How can I delete the first image of the post?
    Only this. It does not have to set it as featured, only to remove it.

Thanks !

Martin Stehle

Currently that is not possible. But in the next days I will publish the upgrade of the plugin. It will contain a new option for forcing the removal of first content images even the featured image of the post was not changed. That could be a smart way for you to remove the first content image of posts which already have a featured image.

longip
    Participant

Hello,

When do you think the new version will be released ?

Thanks !

Martin Stehle

The new version 3.6 is available now! It contains the new option ‘Force removal’ for the first content images of posts.

longip
    Participant

How to I download the new version ?

Martin Stehle

Either you purchase the plugin on the website here or if you have purchased an older version with a license key: activate the license in the WP backend under “Featured Images” > “License Activation” and after some minutes you would see a notice about the latest upgrade. Upgrade the plugin per click and you got it.

longip
    Participant

I bought the version 3.5. It is active but there is no update (like for a usual plugin update).
    The plugin is installed on a Multisite but active only on the main site. Anyway for the subdomain it does not work. Should this be the reason ?

longip
    Participant

I have updated the plugin. But, the “Force removal” does not work (even if I use it together with “Remove first embedded image”).

So, I just want to remove the first image from every post. The featured images are OK.

Can you please describe how I can do this ?

Martin Stehle

First before continuing: please make a backup of your database!

I assume every post has a featured image, right? So after backing up the DB please try that:

1. Select ‘Set selected image as featured image’
    2. Select an image, no matter which, click on ‘Next’
    3. Do not select ‘Overwrite’
    4. Select ‘Removal’ and ‘Forced Removal’
    5. Add filters if neccessary and refine it/them
    6. Click on ‘Next’ and then ‘Apply’

That way the first images should be removed from the posts. Can you confirm that?

longip
    Participant

First thing: Although I have updated, it is showing version 3.5. But, something updated because before I did not have the option ‘Force removal’. Maybe you forgot to change the update version ?!

Second thing: If I select, like you said, ‘Set selected image as featured image’ I do not have ‘Removal’ and ‘Force removal’.
    If I select ‘Set the first image as featured image’ then I have ‘Remove first embedded image’ and ‘Force removal’, but nothing happens. I get the messages ‘Unchanged’ and ‘Image not removed from post’.

Hope this make sense to you.

Martin Stehle

Thank you very much for your notce. You were right, there was a little error in the new files. Now it is fixed. A test on a server of mine was successful. Please upgrade the plugin and try to remove the images.

longip
    Participant

I have updated the plugin OK, but my second point it is still valid.

If I select, like you said, ‘Set selected image as featured image’ I do not have ‘Removal’ and ‘Force removal’.
    If I select ‘Set the first image as featured image’ then I have ‘Remove first embedded image’ and ‘Force removal’, but nothing happens. I get the messages ‘Unchanged’ and ‘Image not removed from post’.

Martin Stehle

Ah, my fault! You are right: the action “Set first image as featured image” yields on the next page the two options “Remove” and “Forced remove”.

For the not executed removals please mail me the login credentials of the website to info@quickfeaturedimages.com. I will take a look to the contents.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)