Removing featured image rules for one category

Change 1000+ of WordPress Featured Images in 5 Minutes! Forums Questions and Answers Removing featured image rules for one category

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    js7319
    Participant

I have videos in some posts, and I do not need the plugin to generate a random featured image for these posts that belong to this category.

What do I need to do to achieve this?

Thanks

Martin Stehle

Wait! You “do NOT need to” or you “need to”?

js7319
    Participant

I do not need it to which it is doing at the moment.

I want to exclude it from generating a random image for this particular category which I specify, but continue generating for all others.

Martin Stehle

If in bulk edit section (“Set, replace, remove”):

1. Set random featured images in all categories and
    2. then in a next process remove them in the one category only.

If in “Presets”:

1. add a rule with random images for all posts of post type X (I am assuming for “Posts” mostly),
    2. then add a rule with a single image for this one category and
    3. then make sure in the order of rules that matching a category will be applied before matching a post type.
    js7319
    Participant

I won’t need to do this in bulk section because nothing had yet been published.

In presets, what would happen is I set the rule as follows: Taxonomy: Category; Value: Videos. This makes it more robust for me because then I know the plugin will only choose posts in this category.
    My confusion is I don’t know how to tell it not to apply any image for this rule, which would be no.9. I cannot add a single image either to this rule simply because that would defeat the objective of this rule altogether.

Martin Stehle

That is not possible. Maybe a trick would work: let set an invisible image.

js7319
    Participant

I think that needs to be a feature for a future release then. Quite surprised that it cannot be customizable per category.

I have worked around it to find another solution via the theme itself, but the invisible image wouldn’t have worked because the system would still recognise it as an image I imagine. It would only help if there was nothing there at all.

Martin Stehle

I will think about it.

Martin Stehle

I digged into the code of QFIP. It turned out that the possibility to set a negative rule or to select multiple categories except the one to exclude is not integrable, unfortunately. And additionally the backward compatibility with former rules is not possible. So sorry.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)