Replace All images with Search

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    umair idrees
    Participant

1. Bulk Replace, I want to add featured image if a search word found in content or title. It’s not available? but, it’s written in features. how I can add featured image on all posts. I have posts in thousand. I am developer, you can suggest me an edit. I’ll do it my self. but, it’s urgent please.

2. featured image with search option is not working for me. please check Screenshot of my settings: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2bxqhstV4ZGWnlMUVEwT005MjQ/view?usp=drivesdk

Martin Stehle

The search option is available as “Search Filter”. You have to activate its checkbox in the step “Add Filter” to see it on the next step “Refine”.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Martin Stehle.
    Martin Stehle

2. The settings are ok. What does not work?

umair idrees
    Participant

actually, I want to add featured images on all old posts.

how is this possible with search option? because I have multiple categories. of-course, I can not set random images. otherwise, business image will be setup on health blog posts. etc

can you suggest solution for that?

umair idrees
    Participant

2. I applied the settings on my blog. but, when I oppened an old post, it’s not adding featured image in it. check it here: http://asaawa.com/protecting-your-business-site-from-malwares7099/

Martin Stehle

1. Did you see the “Search Filter” checkbox at step “Add Filter”?

Martin Stehle

2. The images will be set as featured only if the post is saved or published. Just opening the post does not trigger the rules for default images. Because that section is not for past posts but for future posts. For past post the bulk edit section is the right one.

umair idrees
    Participant

1. yes bro. now I got it. it’s working fine for me 🙂 really great solution bro. I’ve applied on all old posts

2. About this setting ( https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2bxqhstV4ZGWnlMUVEwT005MjQ/view?usp=drivesdk ), when wordpress will apply it? only on new posts? or on old posts too? for example when I open any old post, filter should be applied and add featured image in post.

Regards

umair idrees
    Participant

2. ok got it.

then, I’ll request you to add this feature/option if I want to trigger filter when anyone opens the post and post do not have featured image.

Thanks,
    the plugin is great bro. it’s solved my problem.

Regards

Martin Stehle

2. Ok, I will think about it.

Thank you for your compliments!

Would you like to leave a review under “Reviews” here on this site?

umair idrees
    Participant

one last question please:

is it possible to set external images as featured image with your plugin? if not, should I add external image as “New Feature Request”
    it will be a great thing.

umair idrees
    Participant

yes, I am placing a review now 🙂

Martin Stehle

External images: we are in the bulk edit section, right? Yes, it is possible. Select “Set first image as featured” in the first step. Then select the option for external images.

Do not let it run over hundreds or thousands of posts! The images have to be downloaded and processed and added to the library – that needs time. Chances are high you will get a timeout error.

Add extra filters to narrow down the number of posts. The “Time Filter” is handy for that: Let set the external images as featured for posts of a selected time period and repeat that with the next time period until all posts are done.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Martin Stehle.
    umair idrees
    Participant

thanks for the help.

but, my question is a bit different.

I want to set an external URL in featured image entry. it means, all featured images will be loaded from third party server. got my point?

is it possible bro?

Martin Stehle

No, that is not possible with QFIP. You can download the external image, upload it into the media library and set it as featured image. Or you use other plugins for that feature.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)