Reselecting previous featured images

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    js7319
    Participant

This may have already been covered.

If I choose 10 featured images to automatically be selected for upcoming posts, then decide the next day I want to add another 5 to the original 10, I have to reselect the original 10 I did previously.

Fortunately, I don’t have many featured images to re-select each time, in future when there are a few hundred, this will be become incredible time consuming.

I also think its best to layout the featured images in a grid fashion, instead of a linear list fashion especially when there are hundreds as then the pages scrolls for ages. It is a better user interface this way.

Thanks

Martin Stehle

Got it. I will ponder about solutions.

Martin Stehle

I could not find possibilities to preselect images in the media dialogue box. So I have to leave it unresolved now.

The grid layout will come. But neither the current layout nor the new layout are usable for hundreds of images. Just to understand your way of use: How does it come to want hundreds of random images? Are there so many posts to publish? Does splitting up sets of images along several sub-sets (and so to several rules with small amounts of images) not match your request?

js7319
    Participant

I suppose if I really wanted to properly attach a specific image to a category I could do, but as I have in excess of 50+ categories I will most probably have to set aside a whole evening or so do to it this way.

At the moment, I have used general random images which will be appropriate for all categories and most posts. To prevent the images cycling through too frequently, I have decided to add more images for the script to choose from. I have approximately 1500 posts so you can understand for frequent users, they will see the same image multiple times even if only on the site for a few moments given the significant difference of random image to post count ratio. One solution (apart from the first one mentioned), would be increase the random images which is the easier, for now.

Martin Stehle

I understand. I will try to increase the usability experience for huge amounts of posts and images.

Selecting hundreds of images in the media dialogue box is uncomfortable. Maybe a path to a folder full of images to use as featured would be smarter?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)