Screen Timeouts

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kelvin Truong
    Participant

Hi. I’m running external image imports (from my other own server) to get my Featured images. I’m finding that although the preview works for around 50 posts, it will oftentimes stay at the loading screen when I hit the “apply” button to execute (PERFORM stage).

I have filters to take 1 month, posts only, insert img from ext. URL, posts only.

I have PHP max_execution_time = 240, max_input_time = 240, memory_limit = 128

Any other optimisation suggestions?

Screenshot is the same as the other guy on this forum who complained of Screen Time Outs.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Kelvin Truong. Reason: add more detail
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Kelvin Truong.
    Kelvin Truong
    Participant

Update: It’s happening fairly frequently. When it times out and I wait for a long time and refresh the screen -> re-run the filter, it shows that the posts were successfully ‘applied’.

Martin Stehle

The plugin tries to set via PHP the max_execution_time to 3000 and the memory_limit to 512 MB. If the server does not allow increasing these options to those values I recommend to talk with your provider about that.

And you can narrow down the time period on a daily base to have less posts in the process.

Another bottleneck could be the connection between the external server and yours. Since mostly we have no influence to that decreasing the number of transmitted images to keep the execution time short is the way.

Kelvin Truong
    Participant

I’ve set the php values per suggested 3000 and 512MB, but same issues. It still times out at 40 posts per job or above.

I had to do a pre-stock of post qty per month and split any months with over 40 posts into 2 jobs each.

A bit annoying, but as you say – the alternative of manual everything is hell in comparison LOL.

Another thing is that it doesn’t seem to pick up translated posts. It will only pick up the original English posts when I run the standard filters. I’ll have to try and add in the language-specific IDs perhaps.

Martin Stehle

Which translation tool do you use?

Kelvin Truong
    Participant

It’s WPML 3.7.1 (latest release) on WP 4.8. Languages setup are English as primary and Traditional Chinese as translated language.

Kelvin Truong
    Participant

WPML Translation Update: If I switch to the translation language in the backend for my posts and run the QFIP plugin the filters will pickup all applicable translated posts.

Seems I will need to repeat the sub-batches again to apply Feat. images to the translated posts. – but it’s working.

Martin Stehle

Ok, great to read your feedback!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)