Set Featured Images for drafts

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Martin Stehle 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jeroen
    Participant

Hi,

I use Video Blogster Pro plugin to import from soundcloud, youtube, mixcloud ect.ect. When i import post are created, i save them as drafts because i don’t want to publish them directly.

It would be nice if there is a option in your plugin when a post is saved as draft the featured image is set already (i set the featured image by category filter).

This because i automaticly sgare the post to social media channels when i publish them. Now when i publish a post, the post is shared on Facebook but the featured image isn’t visible there, i think because your plugin needs some time to set the image to the post and the post is shared to facebook (and other social media) faster.

When the featured image is already attacht to the post when i save them as draft this problem isn’t there and everything works fine.

Hope this will be a option, if ou need futher explanation or something isn’t quite clear please let me know!

Kind regards,

Jeroen

Martin Stehle

Did you try to set rules on the page “Featured Images” > “Default Images”? If a rule is set the selected image is set as featured automatically during saving the post.

Jeroen
    Participant

Yes, i create many rules but when i look at the posts (saved as drafts) there is no featured image attachted. As far is i can see al the rules are correct (image is selected, category is also selected). i thought that the featured image wa set when you publish the post, but it’s when you save it. I think there is something else then. Do i have to open a new topic so you can help me with that?

Martin Stehle

Now I am seeing the obstacle: The rules are often ignored if there are imports. That is not a failure of the plugin. There are many ways to write how to import posts. The plugin can’t recognize all of them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)