Setting default on posts created programatically

Change 1000+ of WordPress Featured Images in 5 Minutes! Forums Questions and Answers Setting default on posts created programatically

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    duncanclarke
    Participant

I’m not sure how or when this plugin adds a featured image, but it’s not working on my site http://rollingmedia.net. I think it may be because I’m creating the posts programatically. I’m using a plugin to create and publish the posts.

Would you expect posts that are created this way (using wp_insert_post) to pick up a featured image using your plugin?

For info, here’s the settings I’m using to try and get it to add featured images in new posts:

Settings

Please note that all other features work perfectly; bulk set/replace and image column are great.

Martin Stehle

The plugin could work with so-called Autopost plugins if a rule would be based on a category. But those plugins do not give any informations about a category during the insertion of the post. So the rule can not work.

duncanclarke
    Participant

The plugin adds both categories and tags at the time of insertion. From the code that adds posts:

$my_post = array(
    			'post_title'	=> $publish[0],
    			'post_content'	=> $publish[1],
    			'post_date'		=> date("Y-m-d H:i:s",$publish[2]),
    			'post_status'	=> 'publish',
    			'post_author'	=> 2,
    			'post_category'	=> $publish[3],
    			'tags_input'	=> $publish[4]
    		);
    		$post_id = wp_insert_post($my_post);

So I’m hoping that this should be enough to trigger the attachment of a default image based on these two attributes and the configuration I posted earlier.

Martin Stehle

Would you please tell the name of the plugin? I would test it with QFI.

duncanclarke
    Participant

It’s my own plugin that’s not available elsewhere. I was just hoping that yours would work when publishing directly using the standard wp_insert_post api call.

Does your plugin require the post be created in draft then published rather than direct to publish?

Martin Stehle

QFI does not require a draft status or another status. Every time a post is saved QFI hooks on ‘save_post’. (That hook is fired before the hook ‘wp_insert_post’.) And before that the function ‘wp_set_post_categories()’ is called.

These are called in the function ‘wp_insert_post()’. That function assumed an array with post informations as first parameter. It can consider category informations if values at array key ‘post_category’ are given.

So setting an automatic default featured image based on a category can work with autopost plugins. But I did not find such a plugin which gives category informations to the function ‘wp_insert_post()’. Those plugins are written the way “set the post categories after the insertion of the post”. Fail… Your plugin is a big exception, really!

I would be glad if you would send me your plugin for test purposes. Please mail me at info@quickfeaturedimages.com.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)