SVG featured images

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wfpadmin
    Participant

Hi, Martin. I really like how quickly and easily I can add or change featured images when I use this plugin.

I use a lot of SVG images and have a plugin that lets me do that for images in a post as well as featured images. The first problem I have is that when I use your plugin to associate an SVG as the featured image, it doesn’t show up on the post. The second problem happens when I edit the post and add an SVG as the featured image, it appears properly in the post but it does not appear in the admin All Posts list.

The second problem is because the image width and height default to 1 px. If you set the size to 100% of the enclosing div, this would display the SVG image in the list.

The first problem is a good puzzle for you.

Can you help with these?

Martin Stehle

Quite interesting. To get an idea: Which SVG plugin do you use?

wfpadmin
    Participant

I have tried a few different SVG plugins, and they all have the same behavior with your plugin. I have been using one called “Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)” for about six months.

The page on WordPress is here:

There are two other plugins I looked at. They have the same behavior with your plugin:

Martin Stehle

I will publish fixes for the 1×1-px-problem soon.

The first problem I have is that when I use your plugin to associate an SVG as the featured image, it doesn’t show up on the post.

That is because it is only 1×1 px, thus you only see the tiny shadow, right?

Just to make it clear: Does that happen in the “Set, replace, remove” section only? In “Presets” I can see the SVGs, right?

The second problem happens when I edit the post and add an SVG as the featured image, it appears properly in the post but it does not appear in the admin All Posts list.

Do you mean: in the column “Featured Image”? Strange. I can see the SVGs. Even if no SVG plugin is active.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)