Take the first external post image Symbol bug

Change 1000+ of WordPress Featured Images in 5 Minutes! Forums Questions and Answers Take the first external post image Symbol bug

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LIN CHIH CHUN
    Participant

Hello Sir,

I’m setting for featured images it’s work fine, but when i setting the external image form url has symobl “-“, The featured images can’t be setting.

Other post has external url images it’s work fine, Just only has url symbol “-” can’t work.

Here is my action video, may you check it?

Thank you.

Problem action video

Martin Stehle

Thank you very much for your detailed video. One property is obvious: The file names of your images are extremely long (over 800 characters). This exceeds the maximum fie name length of many operating systems, see this list of a file systems comparision.

The external server seems to have a high limit of the file name length and can store the files. But your server seems to have a lower limit of it – too low. I reconstructed your case on my server with a HTML code example of one of your website’s pages. The result: The server could not store the downloaded image file.

LIN CHIH CHUN
    Participant

Hello Sir,

So… How can i fix this ?

May you tell me?

thank you.

Martin Stehle

I think shorter image file names (max. 255 bytes) are a good way to be able to use bulk edit again.

Or use a plugin for external featured images and set the images manually or via Bulk Edit. This plugin supports both the free plugins Featured Images By URL (at wordpress.org) and Featured Images From URL (at wordpress.org).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)