Update Fails

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    acuity
    Participant

I’m trying to update to the latest version 3.8.1 from 3.8, but I keep getting an error that says: “Could not create directory. quick-featured-images-pro/admin/assets” – the directory already exists from the previous version so I’m not sure why it’s getting hung up. I’ve installed this on a multisite setup, on a single site. WordPress version is 4.4.2.

Martin Stehle

My question seems dumb, but is not dumb: is there any enough disk space left on the server?

Martin Stehle

If yes, please try that approach: insert the following line into the file ‘wp-config.php’
    define('FS_METHOD','direct');
    before the line containing ‘That’s all, stop editing’. Then try again to upgrade.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Martin Stehle.
    acuity
    Participant

There is plenty of space on the server – I’m able to upload media and update other plugins without issue. I’m not sure I understand the need for FS_METHOD. I’m not uploading the plugin through FTP, I’m hitting the “Update” button in the administration backend of WordPress.

acuity
    Participant

Just to see if it worked, I tried adding the line of code to the wp-config file, but it still failed with the same error. I do have an SSL certificate to enforce HTTPS on the site and I noticed the download is coming from a non HTTP site. Not sure if that would cause an issue or not.

I also tried changing to a default Twenty Fifteen theme, and deactivating all other plugins but no luck.

acuity
    Participant

I tried this on a completely clean blog (just created, only default theme and plugins installed, and no network setup) and it says the update failed. The site is hosted on Azure, so it’s IIS. I have no problem installing the free version of Quick Featured Images or upgrading the free version that’s in the WordPress Plugin directory. I’ve never had update problems for plugins that come through the directory, but I have seen the occasional issue if it’s an external plugin.

I would like to be able to download the update, and future updates. Until this issue is fixed, is there a direct link somewhere or a way to access the updates?

Martin Stehle

Rebecca, I just sent you an email to continue the support via email. Please check your mailbox.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)