Video thumbnails as featured image

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

Hello, I use the plugin Video Thumbnails to pull a default image out of my videos and automatically set it as featured image. This is the exact plugin:
    https://refactored.co/plugins/video-thumbnails

Since I started using Quick Featured Images Pro, the video thumbnail is still being created and added to the library, but has stopped being set as featured image and I end up with no featured image. Do you know if there is a way to make your plugin work nicely with this functionality? I tried using the “first attached image” function, but it doesn’t work in this case.

I love your plugin otherwise, but this is a big problem for me. Please let me know if you have ideas or suggestions.

Best,
    Frank

Martin Stehle

Thank you for pointing to that aspect. The plugin does not have such a function. I will take some researchs on how to implement this function into QFIP. Due to christmas holidays it will take a while.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Martin Stehle.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Martin Stehle.
    Frank
    Participant

Hi, I actually already have another plugin to do the video thumbnail, my concern is that it doesn’t seem to work with your plugin. I used to use Easy Add Thumbnail to set my featured images (https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-add-thumbnail/) and it worked fine with Video Thumbnail. I like the additional features of your plugin, but may need to switch back to Easy Add if I can’t them to work nicely together.

Martin Stehle

I took a deeper look at it. Just to be sure: Do you talk about the “Preset” area? Or the bulk edit section?

Frank
    Participant

Hi Martin, I’m talking about the preset area.

Martin Stehle

Thank you. I developed a quick solution and will publish it soon. I am thinking about an option for considering the video thumbnail or not. Do you need that?

Frank
    Participant

Right now I use a separate plugin to automatically find a default thumbnail for embedded video (YouTube, etc.) and then set it automatically as featured image (this is the plugin: https://refactored.co/plugins/video-thumbnails).

If this functionality were included in your plugin, that would be wonderful!

Martin Stehle

The upgrade 5.4.2 let VT set featured images. I am working on more support of VT by QFIP.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Martin Stehle. Reason: video,thumbnails
    Martin Stehle

The new version 6.3 of QFIP supports thumbnails of embedded contents provided by external services. So thumbnails of contents on YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, SlideShare and many more can be set as featured images automatically. See a list of all supported services.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)