Why does search string only work occasionally?

Change 1000+ of WordPress Featured Images in 5 Minutes! Forums Questions and Answers Why does search string only work occasionally?

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ericwoo
    Participant

Using search string to load a certain type of image is fairly important for me. I had it set up and was surprised it did not work and didn’t include an image in the post. I tested it again a few other times and it occasionally works.

Any idea on why it doesn’t always work or how I can get it too? Could it be too much for my web host to process before the post is published? Was really counting on this feature.

Thanks

Martin Stehle

The search feature looks into the post content and the post title. It does not look into the file name, custom fields, media files like images. If the search expression is not contained in the content and the title there is no result. Does that answer help you?

ericwoo
    Participant

Not exactly. I am aware of the search feature looking into the post title. That is what I am using it for- to search for a word in the title and post an image.

I am guessing it is my web hosting not being able to process the search query in time before it is published. Could that be the reason? Is there any way to delay wordpress from posting?

Martin Stehle

I don’t think that could be the reason. You can control that during the search via adding the ‘Status Filter’ and include all desired statuses. By default all post statuses are considered.

Martin Stehle

The plugin uses the WordPress standard query functions to search for posts with your specified options. So if there are results of a search via the search box on a post overview page, there should be also results with these search term in a search with the plugin.

ericwoo
    Participant

I did a search for the keyword and the post came up. However, this is the second post in a row that it didn’t add the image for the keyword. I am at a lost here. Any idea on why the plugin isn’t working for search?

Martin Stehle

May we look at it via zoom?

ericwoo
    Participant

Yes, definitely. Let me try updating wordpress to see if that helps.

ericwoo
    Participant

It has been working for the most part lately when I log in and post a test. However, I have software that logs in and submits a post and the search function is still not working. It is on the 6th post in a row that it would not include an image for the search term.

I did not see how my software logging in would bypass the search function from working because it always worked correctly when set to include image by category. Any idea on why that is happening technologically or how I can get it to work?

My only next guess at troubleshooting would be to get a new theme. WordPress and all plugins have been updated so far.

Martin Stehle

No idea. “Random” errors are the most difficult to fix, especially if a 3rd party application is involved. I’m pondering about it and will come back to you if I’d got an idea.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)