WP Job Manager 'Job' Post Type

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    maxterf
    Participant

Hi

Asking the same question here as I did in the “ask your question here” section as I hadn’t heard a reply.

I have the pro version of your plugin installed on my site and I’m trying to set-up the preset featured image using wp job manager plugin using their job_listing custom post type.

The problem seems to be that for some strange reason none of the wp job manager custom post types are appearing in the dropdown for selection (although it is picking up other criteria such as job categories and job types?)

Here you can see the custom post type job_listing is present on the site > https://www.evernote.com/l/AE7U8OwKuIRIfb3jO0ZMrVc2em1ICM-_nZQB/image.png

And here you can see the custom post type doesn’t show in the dropdown > https://www.evernote.com/l/AE4dIkbeP49Hooxm0bQDFFZeeYhoIUw-83sB/image.png

FYI, other plugins such as woocommerce are picking up the jobs post type.

Hoping you can help.

Martin Stehle

Hello Matty, thank you for keeping in touch and sorry for my late answer. I was not informed per mail about your first request. You wrote it again, that is good!

The reason is easy: The job posts of WP Job Manager do not support featured images. The plugin ‘Quick Featured Images Pro’ considers post types supporting featured images and ignores post type without the support of featured images. So you do not see the job post type in the dropdown list, not on the page to select image columns etc. That is not a failure of QFIP but intentional.

You even can not set a featured image of a job manually. There is no metabox on the post edit page to set any featured image. That is a safe note that the job post type does not support featured images.

maxterf
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response Martin.

Ok thanks for the explanation that makes sense… however that’s confused me a little more..

First off, my theme has a featured image area regardless of the post type and secondly I have been using a field editor plugin which allows the user to upload a featured image when posting a job (http://www.evernote.com/shard/s78/sh/32503a74-603c-4cfb-b311-72214ea9b1b7/cd12cbf0c17f3c861e5a8d696f505b27) which works perfectly with wp job manager and my theme.

Without an image I just have a grayed out area which looks pretty awful. Is there a way I could workaround with your plugin or do I need to speak to the theme designers?

Martin Stehle

No, it is easy: Add these code lines at the end of the file ‘functions.php’ of the active theme:

// Add featured image support for job posts
    function enable_job_thumbnails() {
    	add_post_type_support( 'job_listing', 'thumbnail' );
    }
    add_action( 'init', 'enable_job_thumbnails', 50 );

maxterf
    Participant

Hi Martin,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you… have been away for Christmas.

Many thanks, I added the code and the “jobs” post type now shows 🙂

Only problem is no matter what I do the default featured image just doesn’t seem to work?… I’ve tried on a standard post type as well and again it doesn’t seem to show?

Any ideas?

Martin Stehle

In that case please mail me the login credentials of your site to info@quickfeaturedimages.com. I would take a closer look.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Choose your currency:

Close
Converted prices are for reference only - all orders are charged in € Euros (€) EUR.
  • USDUS Dollars ($)
  • EUREuros (€)
  • GBPPounds Sterling (£)
  • CADCanadian Dollars ($)
  • AUDAustralian Dollars ($)
  • BRLBrazilian Real (R$)
  • INRIndian Rupee (₹)
  • CZKCzech Koruna
  • DKKDanish Krone
  • HKDHong Kong Dollar ($)
  • HUFHungarian Forint
  • ILSIsraeli Shekel (₪)